Quality & Compliance Manager
Pahiatua, New Zealand
About us & the role
FoodFlo International is a privately owned NZ confectionery manufacturer operating since 1975.
We supply many well known major brands as well as manufacturing our own range of confectionery products.
Based in Pahiatua in the Tararua District, we are a mere 30 minutes from Palmerston North.
The FoodFlo team is dynamic and fast paced, life is never boring. This role offers the opportunity to make a tangible contribution, to work with all facets within the company from the factory floor to the Senior Management team.
This autonomous role is responsible for food safety, enhancing and delivering against our BRC and other compliance accreditation requirements, whilst providing best in class quality strategy and quality management systems within a fast paced, fast growing organisation.
Visit our website www.foodflo.co.nz
Experience in a similar role, managing the Food Safety and Quality Assurance aspects of complex, cross functional projects in a food manufacturing or pharmaceuticals environment.
Skills & Aptitude
- Strong knowledge of risk frameworks, policy and regulatory management.
- Time management, being a go-to and self-managed person
- Strong leadership, technical, communication and organisational skills required along with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to build meaningful relationships with customers, both internal and external.
- Strong problem solving and RCA ability
- Oversee the continued development, implementation, review and maintenance of the quality and compliance systems in operation within the facility.
- Provide quality and compliance oversight for critical business projects.
- Monitor compliance systems to ensure their effectiveness.
- Plan, define, and direct the Site auditing program to ensure compliance to all procedures, policies and regulatory requirements and laws.
- Achieve metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the management of risks and compliance, and management of any corrective action requirements.
- Conduct physical auditing of our contract manufacturing partners within New Zealand and Australia and guiding them on achieving expectations as and when necessary.
- Develop appropriate SOP’s and Policies in conjunction with key managers.
- You are responsible for ensuring the site remains compliant at all times.
- Manage any customer complaints and non-conformances through robust investigation and root cause analysis.
Factory Worker • Pahiatua, New Zealand
We are looking for reliable workers with process and factory-based experience to help manufacture, package and distribute some of the best hokey pokey, confectionery and inclusions for our customers in NZ, Australia and the rest of the world – from our Pahiatua factory.
You will be involved with a variety of tasks to meet operation deadlines in a fast paced food manufacturing/processing environment. The role is varied with room for progression and the opportunity to directly impact processes and change.
- Weekly Pay
- Factory uniform/footwear provided
- Permanent roles
- Time every day to get to appointments & shops. (Shift Work)
- Weekends Off (Monday to Friday work)
- Fully paid training with job progression opportunities.
- Lifestyle location with plenty of free parking
- Over 43 years in business with growth plans for plenty more!
- Physically fit and injury free (factory roles require repeated heavy lifting of 25+ kg)
- 100% reliable with 100% effort 100% of the time
- Are ready and willing to learn and grow with the business
- Pass a pre-employment/random drug test
- Must be eligible to work a minimum of 40 hours and not be employed in another role.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency, NZ citizenship or a valid NZ work visa.
We appreciate all applications but will be only contacting candidates shortlisted for interviews.
Please send your CV as per the instructions at the top of the page.