Electrical Maintenance Technician
The FoodFlo International team is supplying the world with quality specialty confectionery & ingredients from our Pahiatua based factory that mixes traditional recipes and flavours with modern industrial processes.
To ensure that our world class (and world-wide) customers can ensure great tastes in their products using our inclusions and confectionery, we need a skilled Electrical Maintenance Technician to support our Monday to Friday operation.
With business growth high up on our agenda, we are seeking an enthusiastic skilled registered electrician who can help with our electrical installations, services and repairs to machinery and plant equipment and conduct mechanical assessments and preventive maintenance.
Working autonomously but reporting to the Technical Manager, this newly established role is a result of a business commitment to Proactive Maintenance & Asset Care. This position will encompass both mechanical and electrical work offering a varied daily work experience to really keep your mind active.
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Diagnosis and repair of faults in PLC controlled systems.
- General electrical work on building and plant systems.
- Conduct routine electrical and mechanical assessments and maintenance across a wide variety of equipment.
- Servicing, repairing and attending to breakdowns of the processing plant.
- Assist in developing a preventative maintenance program.
- Provide recommendations for improvements and modifications to machinery and equipment focusing on quality, efficiency and safety and help deliver the outcomes.
- Develop diagnostic and user documentation on systems and equipment
Skills Essential to Success in This Role:
- Advanced Electrical diagnostic ability (Electrical Trade Certificate with current full EWRB license).
- Mechanical and pneumatic diagnostic, repair & maintenance ability.
- Conceptual thinker with good verbal & numerical reasoning.
- Highly motivated with great time management & planning ability.
- Robust problem-solving skills and the ability to methodically work towards solutions.
- Trust Loyalty & Integrity
Additional non-essential skills which would add value in this role:
- Previous experience working within manufacturing and the inspection of FMCG plant and machinery.
- IT literacy & comfort using Microsoft Office & related software.
- Basic / Intermediate TIG Welding & machining ability.
- CAD drawing ability
For a confidential and discreet inquiry, contact Paul on 06 376 8774
All applicants for this position must have the legal right to work in NZ.
The successful candidate requires a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and will require to pass a pre-employment and random drug screening.
Factory Worker - (Job Description)
We are looking for reliable workers with process and factory-based experience to help manufacture, package and distribute some of the best hokey pokey, confectionery and inclusions for our customers in NZ, Australia and the rest of the world - from our Pahiatua factory.
You will be involved with a variety of tasks to meet operation deadlines in a fast paced food manufacturing/processing environment. The role is varied with room for progression and the opportunity to directly impact processes and change.
- Weekly Pay
- Factory uniform/footwear provided
- Permanent roles
- Time every day to get to appointments & shops. (Shift Work - 04:00 – 13:00 OR 13:00 to 22:00)
- Weekends Off (Monday to Friday work)
- Fully paid training with job progression opportunities
- Lifestyle location with plenty of easy and free parking
- Over 42 years in business with growth plans for plenty more!
- Physically fit and injury free (factory roles require repeated heavy lifting of 25+ kg)
- 100% reliable with 100% effort 100% of the time
- Are ready and willing to learn and grow with the business
- Pass a pre-employment/random drug test
- Must be eligible to work a minimum of 40 hours and not be employed in another role.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency, NZ citizenship or a valid NZ work visa
We appreciate all applications but will be only contacting candidates shortlisted for interviews.
Please send your CV as per the expression of interest. Closes on appointment.
Expressions of Interest
Thank you for your interest in joining the team at FoodFlo International Ltd. Although there may not be any roles posted at the moment, we welcome expressions of interest for Factory Staff. Please forward your CV to the attention of Paul Chapman.
Please send digital documents or copies only. (Any original records that require sighting, such as work permits or registrations, will be requested if needed). All appointments are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check, and applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
About working at FoodFlo
Working across two shifts (morning and afternoon), team members have an exciting and varied work day. Production, Packing, & Quality Control are only some of the diverse areas that are the focus of the factory team, making it not just a job, but a sweet career.